Thursday, October 16, 2014

Leo Bud Welch: when the Mississippi meets The Thames

Photo by Gary Franklin....


If you grabbed, downloaded or listened live to our recent U edition of Podrophenia, with Martin McNeill and West Weston - you may recall some talk about the sweaty, stomping performance by Leo Bud Welch at The Railway

You can browse my review of this gig in the new Blues Magazine, as well as spotting my fuzzy-mug peeping out of page 7 (part of the Blues Crew). And by coincidence, there's a live write-up on the same page as LBW, of West Weston at Ronnie Scott's with Mud Morganfield...

Although 220 words I didn't quite squeeze in the nugget about:  Leo making his way stage-wards, and stopping for a nifty-footed  shuffle and dance to a tune I'd just spun in - the Stones version of I'm a King Bee...







No comments: