Monday, April 4, 2011

Yoko Eno


If you're not a Twitterer (yet), and even if you are - did you know the sunglasses fancying, pocket-sized, heavyweight-ledge that is Yoko Ono does a weekly Tweet-centric Q and A session?

Buzz your notes and queries here #yokoQandA and Yoko grabs a handful from the virtual bag(ism}.

Well, strike me down me with Pellici's hand-cut chip - I've only gone got a three out of three hit rate to date haven't I? Do you reckon they could be a bundled up and called an interview?




The Quinn Martin/Instant Karma epilogue: I told Pellici's about Yoko's reply. Turns out several interiors for Nowhere Boy were filmed at Pellici's, as vintage caffs like this just don't exist in Liverpool anymore.

Not a million miles from same-era Eno is it really...

8 comments:

davyh said...

Have you tried 'Where do you do your big shopping?' - this is always a winner of a conversation opener for me.

Mondo said...

I've got a couple of (thin) ice-breakers in the back pocket...

How's your belly off for spots?

Does your chewing gum lose its flavour on the bedpost overnight?

Hawkfall said...

I think you now have the right to work those quote into everyday conversation:

"Yoko Ono told me that she thinks that the instant availability of music is offering up more creative choice"

OR

"Yoko told me that she considers Brian Eno to work in his own universe and that she doubts that they'll work together"

Let's face it, there have probably been Bob Dylan biographies written with less access to the subject.

planet mondo said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Mondo said...

Yacking with Yoko - it's something to tell the grandchildren while passing round the Werthers Thumper!

John Medd said...

She'd just done an interview with Q magazine when I saw her in Mayfair circa '92. Dressed in black, dressed in black, dressed in black black black.

Piley said...

Lovely!

How much does she charge for apples these days? It was about £200 a pop back in the 60's, with inflation I'd say we're near to a grand now. If you find out I could be in the market for one...

P

Mondo said...

I'm also to interested to know what brought you to Mayfair in 92 John: work, shopping, celeb spotting?

Perhaps if she does a remake of her 'Bottoms' film P, get yourself on the list and ask for an apple as payment