Thursday, December 16, 2010

Birthday Bonus - The Velvet Overground


It's that man again, ol' Ludwig van Mondhoveen. Another music fan with a birthday on the 16th and soft spot for a rooster-do and outsize burns.

If we've crossed paths outside of the blogosphere, you'll know there's some resemblance between Ludvico and myself. But does this mean I've got a perma-crosspatch expression and late onset deafness to look forward to in me twilight times? Ho hum!


Fittingly - as a treat for today, those top rockers The Wolfmen have given me the official Wolf-thumbs up for posting their version of a long lost Velvet Underground tune I'm Not A Young Man Anymore. With the cherries a'top of the Birthday cake being...

It's a world exclusive and something you won't hear anywhere else until the album's released next year.

It's the Courtney Taylor-Taylor remix..(yes that Courtney of The Dandy Warhols)

The Wolfmen - I'm Not A Young Man Anymore



VU versh sounds like....

10 comments:

davyh said...

And may I be the first dear boy to wish you many happy returns of the day.

drew said...

All thr best Mond. Do you have the VU Live At The Gymnasium bootleg? If not easily available all over the net.

Mondo said...

Cheers shipmates - there's a developing thread here you know. Unlikely live venues..

JM with Gen X live at Hatfield Poly on the last blog bit. VU at a gymnasium. I'll pitch in with the Pistols at Chelmsford Prison

And who'd a thought - Cale-face being blogged two days on the bounce

Mondo said...

Speaking of Chelmsford I've just realised that it's almost 30 years to the day (well 13th) that I attended my first grown up gig. Adam and The Ants at Chelmsford Odeon..(not my ticket pictured). Amazing that two ex-Ants, now Wolfmen (Marco and Chris) pitch up on this ol' blog from time to time!!

John Medd said...

Here you go M: Gen X live @ Hatfield Poly! And the glam link is further reinforced - they do a barnstorming version of The Leader's Rock On. Another gem from the pen of Mike Leander.

Happy Birthday btw - we must get together in the New Year.

Cusp said...

Happy Birthday ! unusual gigs...as you referred t'other day: Roxy Music at Hornchurch Grammar School 25th July 1972 and I was there ...end of the 5th form for me. We were bowled over. Can you imagine Ferry and Eno all glammed up in an Essex school hall after the dinner tables had been pushed to the sides ! LOL

Mick said...

Happy birthday Mondo. Never knew you looked like Ludwig Van. I look like Alan Hansen (according to people I used to work with).

Mondo said...

Cheers J. I'll be scouring the bay for a copy. Picked up the Anthology today..

Cusp - OMG as the young'uns say. Roxy in Hornchurch! I'm a Southend boy myself and that sounds as bonkers as Bowie playing the Basildon Arts Lab! Which really did happen..

Had this comment from chum-Choco on last year's Ludvic pic'*didn't realise you were Beethoven in a previous life ~ likeness = uncanny*

Even my kids say 'That's you that is'

Is it me or does Alan H always sound pissed?

lil said...

What a treat Mondo
I really like “The Wolfmen’s” version!
When’s the Album out next year, do you know?

Unknown said...

December 15th!!!