Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Tronik Tagging and Blog Meetings


Had a hook-up with Miss Ally and the boy Tronik last week for the Carnaby Street Christmas switcheroo - which, unfortunately, was all a bit Austin Powers in places and had poor ol' Eddie Pillar press-ganged into playlisting sixties hits instead of his usual purist tunes - meaning more time was spent in the pub than at the parade "What a shame" they chorused.

Banter about a possible blog-meet has been buzzing around the blogs since, with the idea of a pre-Christmas/post-new year snifter. So if you're based in London/South East/prepared-to-travel-further and fancy a Bloggers of the World Unite scoop or two, drop me a line at Planetmondo@gmail.com

Oh, and I've been tagged by Chocolate Girl, with the rules that...

1. You have to post a song that makes you happy.
2. You can tag as many people as you want, there is no limit.
3. Say at least one thing about each blog you tag, that will make them smile, something nice about their blog that makes you smile when you read it!


1 - I'm posting my brother's latest single (and vid' which he produced too) - available here, .

Tronik Youth - Disko Suks On Beatport



and wouldn't this Tronik tee make a perfect Christmas stocking-filler.



2/3 - I'm tagging Piley, as we haven't had one of his peachy pop treats for a while, and I'm keen to see what randomness (or Podrophenia outtakes) lurk in the crates.

10 comments:

Keith said...

I love that song. Very cool. Good tune to dance to if I could dance worth a crap. Hope your week got off to a good start. Cheers!

Cocktails said...

Mmmm, not really sure if I approve of its sentiments. I happen to like disco.

Furtheron said...

Good track.

Mondo said...

Keith/F-ron - have I mentioned his super-funky remix that earned him a Gold Disc? It may get you shaking a leg too..

He's a terror for disco Cocktails you should try his new November comp it's a space-age mirrorball mix..

Piley said...

Should be up for the blog-meet... well as long as it isn't just you Mondo!

Great tune, I can see you grinning already!

Thanks for the 'tag' I have responded accordingly over at my gaff!

P

Gabbi said...

Great song and such a fantastic idea! I love that the 'tag' concept has moved to the music sites.

Hope you're having a great week!! : )

Mondo said...

It's snowballing P and names are being added to the list - so no danger of a table for two (could always do an Outside Broadcast poddy if it goes that way though)..

Glad you like Tronik's tune Gabbi, you should check out his myspace site for more tracks and remixes

chocolategirl64 said...

oh you know how I love to shimmy
great moviemash and discotastic tune
I wanna tee!
^_*

Mondo said...

You can get them in white too you know? Keep an eye out next time you're in Rough Trade East - they sell them.

I've got a rare reverse print of the Sonic/Tronik Youth image at the the top of the page - pink tee/black print. I'll Facebook it.

drew said...

Excellent track Mondo